LEARN WITH US! See below for upcoming and recent offerings.
We offer in-school, online and summer institute professional development experiences for college students, educators and school leaders. Programs are customized to meet the specific needs of program participants and include a mix of theory, observation and analysis of model lessons, hands-on media production experiences and time for reflection and planning. Educators who participated in the Powerful Voices for Kids professional development programs consider it an unparalleled experience that transforms their teaching practice. Compared to all the other staff development programs they had ever experienced in their career, participants rate it a 9.50 on a 10-point scale.
• "I learned how to use new technology and Internet sites in my classroom. I wish I had known this 8 years ago when I started teaching."
• "I liked interacting with students and using the Flip video cameras. I like the varied presentation styles and the many interactive activities. I learned to look at my teaching in a deeper way and to be more comfortable with technology."
• "I liked how much we participated in hands-on activities to validate our learning."
• "Up until this point, my educational strategy to improve student literacy has been mainly text-focused. I am now going to make strategic attempts to teach literacy through a variety of media such as video and the Internet.
• "I will now use multiple media to teach fact and opinion, audience, purpose, etc. I will teach media literacy within my core subjects."